Doherty is partnering with Iowa Realty Insurance Agency in Des Moines in search of a direct hire Insurance Agent. The Insurance Agent / Producer is responsible for assessing client's risk exposure on personal and/or commercial property, making appropriate recommendations and placing coverage to address those risks. We offer a competitive base salary, commissions, and benefits!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Market and sell personal lines insurance policies.
· Proactively contact all leads to recommend appropriate insurance, quote and place coverage.
· Identify and assess client risk exposures.
· Foster referral relationships with all real estate personnel including agents, office managers and mortgage brokers to maximize sales opportunities.
· Provide work direction as appropriate to new business specialists to ensure all aspects of client on-boarding are completed properly and in a timely manner.
· Actively monitor and report to management any circumstances that may lead to a potential or actual insurance errors and omissions claim, DOI (department of insurance) or related complaints.
· Remain current on industry trends and specific carrier underwriting requirements. Follow all company procedures and processing guidelines.
· Associate's degree or equivalent work experience and knowledge; bachelor's degree preferred.
· Two years' successful personal lines insurance sales experience, active personal lines license.
· Working knowledge of risk assessment and risk management techniques.
· Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
· Oral, written and interpersonal skills.
· Time management and organizational skills.
Doherty Top Talent has been a workforce industry leader since 1980, offering staffing, payroll and recruiting service to companies nationwide. We recruit and place qualified individuals in industries such as industrial, manufacturing, clerical and professional. Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time employment, Doherty focuses on finding a career that matches your character and skills to the right company. In addition to competitive pay, we offer employee benefits, direct deposit, and weekly paychecks.