7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Engineering Solutions is working with a company that provides advanced surface enhancement products, services and systems to the world's leading healthcare product manufacturers. They are in need of an experienced Controls Engineer to be responsible for control systems design, programming, stimulation, testing, and start-up assistance. This position is located in Eden Prairie, MN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have experience in PLC logic and programming with any of the following PLCs: Allen Bradley (preferred), Modicon, GE Fanuc, Siemens, etc.; and HMI or SCADA programming and configuration of any of the following software packages: Allen Bradley (preferred), Wonderware, GE Cimplicity, Siemens, etc.
- Applies principles of engineering and electrical theory to create designs. Implements and debugs prototypes, machinery and associated systems.
- Requires average supervision and is generally able to make decisions and initiate actions. Peers and/or management will review work.
- Interacts with others including Customers, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Sales, Outside Vendors, Engineering, and Management.
- Designs contain knowledge of and compliance to applicable industrial and Customer standards.
- Conducts a peer review for the final checking of all drawings and Bills of Materials before releasing designs
- Uses principles of electrical theory, sound engineering methods to produce effective designs.
- Breaks down information obtained from specifications, sketches, Customer provided drawings, and instructions furnished by others to generate design solutions.
- Performs initial design, modifications and/or enhancements to existing designs of production machinery and associated systems as necessary.
- Uses CAD software to document designs prior to production.
- Uses CAD software to record changes to drawings as required or directed.
- Obtains quotes from vendors on component elements of the design by providing fully defined component specifications.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires a BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education plus experience. 2+ years' experience in machine design or new product development preferred.
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Proficient with Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Familiar with remote input/output devices and industrial networks.
- Familiar with operator interface terminals with SCADA systems.
- Knowledge of networking and TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components, servo systems and electromechanical systems.
- Knowledge of industrial sensors and measurement systems.
- Proficient in AutoCAD for 2D design.
- Proficient with Windows ® operating systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel ®, Word ® and PowerPoint ®.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project ® desired
- Familiarity in C++, VB.net or C#.net programming