Accounts Receivable Specialist (A/P Backup)- Maple Grove, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with a leading company to hire an Accounts Receivable Specialist. This person will be responsible for collection of past due invoices and processing checks.
*Temp or possible Temp-Hire
· Responsible for the collection of all past due invoices in assigned area
· Work with Customer and internal resources to resolve Customer disputes that are impacting payment.
· Provide copies of invoices to Customers upon request
· Contact Customer to resolve payment discrepancies (over and short payments).
· Recommend A/R adjustments for tax and freight.
· Recommend accounts to be referred to collection service.
· Document status of past due invoices
· Actively participate in the monthly A/R review meeting.
· Investigate and confirm address changes and other Customer information as needed. Provide input for updates.
· Sort invoices by expense vs purchase order.
· Send expense invoices to appropriate manager for approval.
· Post PO invoices to SAP system for matching. Return unmatched invoices to Purchasing.
· Process accounts payable checks, wire transfers, and ACH payments.
· Correspond with Vendors and respond to inquiries.
· File hard copy invoices by vendor. Set up new files for new fiscal year.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Accounts Receivable Team Leader and Accounting Manager
· 5 + years of experience in accounts receivable, credit and collections.
· High School Diploma; Associate's Degree preferred
· 1+ years of accounts payable experience
· SAP experience a plus