7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Accountant - Bemidji area
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with a company near Bemidji to hire a contract Accountant. This person will support the accounting team doing A/P, payroll, financial reporting, and cost control. *8-12 month contractDuties:• Support accounting activities including accounts payable, payroll and financial reporting
• Support the timely and accurate reporting of financial, operational and statistical data.
• Support margin improvement efforts by actively working with supervisors/managers; evaluating cost objectives and providing analyses that helps identify opportunity areas and reporting on the results
• Develop and maintain reporting of financial and non-financial key performance indicators
• Assist Accounting Manager with preparation of forecasts, weekly P&L, production cost models, etc.
• Learn and develop a strong understanding of the various aspects of the company to provide insight into margin improvement (MIP) opportunities, capital plans, and project budgets
• Responsible for payables processing and executing automation initiatives to streamline and minimize clerical / paper processing of payables
• Responsible for assisting with month-end closing process and reporting, general ledger reconciliations, account analyses etc.
• Help to ensure that accounting is in compliance with company policies and internal controls
• Improve or identify controls where necessary and identify efficiency opportunities
• Work hands-on with management in improving and developing monthly reporting on financial and non-financial key performance indicators
• Assist in the completion of weekly and quarterly forecasts, and annual business plans
• Analyze forecast to actual variances, understand drivers and communicate / share information with management
Requirements:• 2-5 years of Accounting experience (fresh grads will also be considered for the role)
• Accounting degree is preferred, or equivalent experience