Doherty Career Solutions is working with leading manufacturing company within the automotive industry that is looking for a Quality Manager. As an integral part of the Quality Assurance team, you will be responsible for ensuring that the Quality system is understood, executed and maintained throughout the plant operation. You will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Quality Assurance Department to ensure that all aspects of Quality Assurance system are in place and functioning effectively. The Quality Manager is expected to drive Quality performance improvement across the organization.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure that the Quality Assurance department is staffed with trained and effective team members.
- Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in Quality performance providing visible leadership to implement Quality measures.
- Support Operational Excellence objectives with special emphasis on those areas related to Quality Assurance. Ensure that the Quality organizations contribution to Operational Excellence is visible throughout the organization.
- Support and endorse the use of the Quality tools to drive Quality and Continuous Improvement. Make certain that the tools are clearly understood, functioning as intended and providing the desired results. Provide recommendations for improvements as needed.
- Collaborate with other Quality Managers throughout the organizations to ensure a consistent approach to the execution of the Quality system.
- Provide leadership and resources to ensure that all Plant cell teams have trained and capable Quality department representation supporting the cell team.
- Utilize Quality metrics information to identify areas requiring performance improvement. Work with production leadership to identify and execute plans to address those specific improvement areas.
- Provide the leadership and mentoring throughout the organization to resolve Quality issues utilizing structured problem-solving techniques.
- Support the maintenance of ISO 9001 registration and the Management System by providing Quality representation in the internal audit process.
- Develop relationships with both internal and external customers to promote a harmonious relationship between the company and our customer base. Utilize feedback and input from the customer to identify and execute opportunities for Quality improvement.
- Oversee the implementation of corrective actions required for Quality issues that are identified after customer delivery.
- Responsible for Supplier Quality Assurance including providing trained resources to support First Article inspections and NCP process (Non-Conforming part), issuance and follow-up of SCANs (Supplier Corrective Action Notices) and resolution of Supplier Quality issues.
- Develop the annual operating budget and monitor performance to budget on a monthly basis.
- Support Company's Advanced Product Quality Planning process to ensure that Quality planning for upcoming builds is completed in a thorough and comprehensive manner.
- Provide trained resources for product inspections and ensure inspections are carried out in a standardized and consistent manner between inspection personnel.
- Provide resources to properly manage the issues encountered with bus deliveries to minimize cost and disruptions.
- Provide resources to act as customer liaison with property inspection personnel. Ensure process exists to train property inspection personnel on company's Quality system, standards and provide the Property Inspection orientation.
Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in related field is preferred or a relevant combination of education and experience.
- Requires at least seven years of progressive Quality experience with more than three years at a leadership level.
- ASQ professional certification or greenbelt certification preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate at all levels throughout the organization with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence change within the organization by leveraging leadership skills and technics.