Controller- Fergus Falls, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with our local client to hire a Financial Controller. The Controller will manage company financial activities and make economic decisions about the company's future.
*Direct Hire opportunity
· Oversee the activities of the accounting department for the accurate preparation of monthly and annual financial information in accordance with GAAP and within the month end/year end close cycles.
· Prepare timely financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, dashboard metric reports, annual audits and annual budgets.
· Oversee the activities of accounts payable, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, employee expense reports, cash control, and payroll processing, in accordance with Company policy.
· Oversee the activities of accounts receivable, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of invoices, credit memos, and cash receipts application.
· Prepares monthly and quarterly bank compliance testing and reports.
· Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company's value.
· Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
· Provides other analysis as requested by management.
· Directly supervises accounting and finance staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
· Experience as Controller or Accounting Manager
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
· CPA or CMA a plus
· Strong in Excel