7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Career Solutions has partnered with a leader in the power generation construction industry to find an experienced High Voltage Electrical Estimator with a minimum of five years of experience in heavy construction.
The High Voltage Electrical Estimator is responsible for completing the estimating process and technical compliance with all RFP requirements. The Estimator will analyze plans/drawings, specifications, vendor proposals, review subcontractor quotes and other documentation to prepare time, cost and labor estimates. This individual must have a four-year construction or engineering degree and at least five years of equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience in similar roles within the construction industry.
Essential Job Functions
· Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine and establish scope of work responsibilities, required contents of estimate and critical tasks to complete the project. Review design options and recommend the best solution based on cost, engineering, quality or availability of materials.
· Must be capable of developing a plan on how to build and schedule the project along with methods used. Prepare a level-one schedule and thought process for sequencing the project. This will facilitate direction to team and formulation of crew sizing, resources and productivity used.
· Demonstrate proficiency in development and issuing of RFPs to qualified vendors and subcontractors so proposals can be accurately evaluated prior to bid review process. Responsible for evaluating through comparison metrics to determine most commercially and technically responsible bidders. Must ensure RFPs establish basis of scope and pricing from supplier/subcontractor. When scope or RFP discrepancies occur, collaborates with clients, vendors, subcontractors and other individuals as necessary in order to formulate estimates and resolve issues.
· Calculate various statistical data: quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs, equipment cost, and specialty items. Track and research historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports and bridging documents to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
· Investigate and evaluate materials and services incorporated into the project. This includes using only qualified suppliers/subcontractors based on technical and commercial merits. Will evaluate materials and services comparing the technical and commercial aspects of each bid to ensure company is achieving the best value and is protected against potential claims.
· Work with Sr. Estimator to review and approve components of the bid package, submittals and decisions through the process.
· Prepare and present in pre-bid meeting and bid review process with the bid team.
· Assign responsibility and supervise Associate Estimator(s). Direction will also be provided to take-off technicians and estimator assistants. Collaborates with engineers on design and procurement items.
· Provide development, coaching, and mentoring of Associate Estimators through exposure to diverse work processes and experiences.
· Complies with company policies and procedures and displays professional ethics in the bid process.
· Participates in hand-off and close-out meetings while adhering to the key drivers of the Value Driver Map in order to ensure process improvements and overall company effectiveness.
· Communicates with site teams over the phone and in person at the project sites concerning items such as work methods, production requirements and historical data.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Advanced knowledge of high voltage electrical, construction estimating techniques, cost control and proper scheduling of purchases and work
· Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, purchase orders, contracts, cost coding systems
· Computer skills - HCSS HeavyBid and Microsoft Office preferred; Primavera helpful
· Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
· Travel required
Don't miss out on this opportunity! Apply online or contact a recruiter at 952-832-8390.