Project Manager - Renewables
Doherty Career Solutions has partnered with a leader in the power generation construction industry to find an experienced Project Manager of Renewables. This individual must have a four-year construction or engineering degree, or equivalent combinations of technical training, and/or related experience with a minimum of five years of supervisory experience in the heavy construction industry.
The Project Manager provides leadership, manages the operational and financial aspects of construction projects and is the primary liaison with the client's project management team. The Project Manager also identifies potential leads and serves as an enforcer of best practices, quality programs, process utilization, safety and risk management.
The Project Manager will work to develop a good understanding of the power and energy generation market and strive to obtain knowledge that promotes and allows them to engage in electrical, civil and structural discussions.
Essential Job Functions
· Safety: The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for monitoring and providing ultimate authority in ensuring best practices are utilized and that projects are in compliance with federal and state safety regulations as well as the corporate safety program.
· Contract: Reads, edits, creates, understands and correlates the contract documents with the scope proposal to ensure the project is built within the scope of the contract (design, specifications, budget and schedule). He or she will also communicate with the owner promptly on contract changes, scope and schedule.
· Operations: Ensures that the project is productive, efficient and compliant with technical and quality standards for superior project execution. He or she also ensures the site team reviews and understands the contract and owner requirements.
· Personnel: Communicates and collaborates with other managers and directors on lessons learned, company values and employees' skills and abilities. He or she also facilitates initial teambuilding efforts at project commencement and ensures continuous teambuilding, training and mentoring efforts throughout the duration of the project.
· Client: Schedules and facilitates regular client meetings during the course of the project and develops a personal working relationship with their owner counterpart. He or she also determines client expectations and sets direction of client value drivers with site team.
· Financial: Holds primary financial responsibility for the project budget and work codes and is responsible for establishing work codes, budget, cash flow and productions within the specified time. Completes final cost analysis.
· Quality: Responsible for ensuring the proper implementation and application of the project Quality Plan with assistance from site management. Develops a project culture and mindset that is focused on quality and continuous improvement.
Other Job Functions
· Assists in promoting company by participating in recruitment activities such as interviewing candidates and participating at career fairs.
· Collaborates and cooperates with all corporate departments.
· Participates in corporate subcommittees.
· Keeps current with technical developments to other project managers and personnel.
· Performs additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Effective leadership and communication (oral, written, presentation) skills.
· Knowledge and experience in cost accounting.
· Exposure to construction regulations and rules.
· Adaptive, problem solving orientation.
· Conceptual skills and ability to develop work plans and project schedules.
· General computer skills required (MS Office).
· Extensive travel required with being on-site approximately 2 weeks/month.
· Acts with humility, preparedness and confidence.
· Keeps all appropriate matters confidential and ensures site management team does as well.
· May be required to become a qualified individual in pursuit of company contract licenses, or a journeyman or master electrician license.
To learn more and apply for this position, please contact Doherty Career Solutions recruiter by phone at 952-832-8390.