Field Service Technician
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Career Solutions is currently seeking qualified Field Service Technicians to work with our client, an innovative packaging systems company that has provided service to a wide variety of industries for 35 years in North-Central Minnesota. This is a Direct Hire opportunity with initial screening by Doherty Career Solutions.
Field Service Technician Responsiblities
- Installs, services and troubleshoots equipment at customer sites, resolving mechanical, electrical and programming issues; also provides in-house technical support.
- Documents technical and customer information to facilitate and maintain effective business relationships.
- Provides “hands on” training for customer's employees.
- Learns new components and design principles as they are introduced.
- Assembles and disassembles equipment, performs retrofits, programs and codes work for PC and PLC machine controls.
- Recognizes when parts are out of spec and inspects them to determine the problem.
- Works with mechanical design teams, electrical control personnel and customers to ensure that machines meet all requirements.
- Provides expertise in the installation of pneumatic, vacuum and lubrication plumbing.
- Designs, fabricates and installs mechanical finish parts (ie gun mounts, flap, rails, idlers)
- Plans and completes miscellaneous machine guarding as assigned.
- Assists in training technicians.
- Able to work from diagrams, prints, specs and schematics to correctly assemble components that have close fit relationships.
- Participate and contributes to company's lean manufacturing journey.
- Assists in other areas and performs additional tasks as needed.
Field Service Technician Requirements
- Observes safety and security procedures. Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and maintains properly. Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines.
- Gathers, analyzes and presents information skillfully. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Addresses divergent opinions and develops alternative solutions.
- Exhibits high standards of workmanship/performance. Final output is neat and professional in appearance.
- Seeks increased responsibilities. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Takes independent action to achieve goals.
- High School Diploma or GED Required; 2-Year Associates or Technical Degree preferred
- Knowledge of packaging industry preferred
- Strong understanding of pneumatic, vacuum and lubrication systems and a general understanding of electrical control devices (i.e. sensors, Solenoid valves, VFD's, LPC and PLSs)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing or continuous improvement processes
- 3-4 years demonstrated work experience in packaging manufacturing
- Industry or related technical field, with minimum 1 year experience as Mechanical Assembler
- Displays good organizational skills. Effectively prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Integrates changes quickly. Plans for additional resources and uses time effectively.
Qualified candidates should contact the Doherty Recruiter at 218-470-0274 or submit a resume directly to tmunoz@dohertycareersolutions.