Heat Treat Engineer
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Career Solutions is looking for an experienced Materials Science Engineer to join a company that spans nearly 50 years, and over that time has evolved from a small family-owned business into a multi-million dollar company. This company is a core supplier of precision gears, shafts, and related assemblies to global OEMs, and is ISO/TS16949 registered and stands by their product quality and consistency to their customers.
The location is just minutes east of St. Paul, Minnesota along the St. Croix River Valley in Hudson, Wisconsin. Don't miss out on this opportunity to join a skilled staff of experienced engineers that work with customers in the development of prototype gears in the most cost effective methods.
Materials Science Engineer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate new applications/opportunities and review inquiries against manufacturing processes and capabilities.
- Be actively involved with metallurgical evaluation and examination. Assist with failure analysis and root cause determination.
- Coordinate quality problem resolution as the company's technical liaison with customer personnel.
- Write accurate reports describing causes and suggesting corrective actions associated with analysis of data.
- Work with supplier rejections from a technical concern to satisfy claim responsibility.
- Work with all levels of the company to maximize productivity as related to heat treat technology and manufacturing processes.
- Develop meaningful cost and production data for all heat treat operations.
- Maximize departmental equipment utilization by selective solicitation of commercial heat treat business.
- Act as the company's EHS champion: provide accident investigation, reporting and preventative training within corporate guidelines.
- Maintain a professional relationship with associated technical societies and business contacts at all times.
- Knowledge and experience with TS16949:2009, ISO9001:2009, and ISO14001:2004.
Availably to travel About Us
Doherty Staffing Solutions has been a workforce industry leader since 1980, offering staffing, payroll and recruiting service to companies nationwide. We recruit and place qualified individuals in industries such as industrial, manufacturing, clerical and professional. Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time employment, Doherty focuses on finding a career that matches your character and skills to the right company. In addition to competitive pay, we offer employee benefits, direct deposit, and weekly paychecks.
Doherty Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Employer.ApplyApply Return to job list