Doherty Career Solutions is work with a leading construction company to identify an Estimator to assist in project relating estimation. Under the direction of the Vice-President-High Voltage, the Estimator is responsible for providing project related estimating services to the High Voltage and Renewables division that result in reliable, total project cost estimates. This requires thinking out of the box using strong conceptual, engineering and estimating skills.
- Prepare complete cost estimates for various electrical construction projects to include transmission, distribution, wind farms, and substation projects
- Understand and monitor scope of work to ensure estimates are completed prior to deadlines.
- Perform review of project scope and scope assessments (risk).
- Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customer, subcontractor, and construction personnel to understand and determine constructability requirements
- Perform field take-offs/evaluations for estimate preparation
- Participate in estimate review process with internal and external stake holders
- Assist construction personnel throughout the project life-cycle in tracking and understanding basis of cost estimate
- Assist in the preparation and submission of change orders
- Follow-up at the end of a project to close any loops in the estimating process to include invoicing and cost tracking
- Research, analyze and evaluate information pertaining to technological advancements to support divisional growth and development.
- Develop detailed bid estimates, evaluations and analysis that allow regulated and non-regulated entities to perform contractor reviews. Analyze and assess project alternatives to identify most cost effective option.
- Prepare range estimates for ambiguous scope items; identify and calculate minimum, maximum, and expected cost for the indeterminate scope items.
- Analyze vendor proposals and create specialized cost estimates to mitigate claims and control project “extras”.
8-10 years' experience estimating; Understand blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare time/cost/labor estimates for projects and services.
PREFERRED SKILLS, EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE:
- 8-10 years' experience estimating electrical projects;
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related math major;
- Estimating experience with an electrical concentration; such as an Electrical Superintendent, Electrical Engineer/Designer or Electrical Journeyman;
- Professional society membership;
- Previous EPC, High Voltage Substation/Transmission or Electrical Contractor experience;