7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Local & growing transportation company is looking to add a Logistics Representative position to their team! If you are looking for a position with growth potential, a fast paced environment and a team-centered culture, this could be the position for you! Hours are Monday - Friday, 7:00 am -4:00 pm. With competitive pay, great hours, and a fun environment this is a great company to work for! Qualified candidates will have an outgoing personality, excellent customer service, able to problem solve, and a sales mentality.Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for providing excellent customer service to all customers, drivers & brokers, including pricing, current loads & delivery information.
- Responsible for driver communication, check calls, appointments, etc
- Responsible for calling customers & brokers to solicit freight. Help in securing new accounts when needed.
- Dispatching drivers to pickup & delivery sites, giving directions, instructions and securing of all necessary information for dispatch.
- Helping drivers with all work & personal related questions, comments or concerns.
- Handling customers and drivers in a professional manner, always.
- Work close with Specialized dispatch team, as well as brokerage department, business service department, safety department, attend safety meetings, educational seminars & classes.
- Verify all information on each load with Customer, Customer Service & Driver including pricing, current loads & delivery information.
- Maintain better than average communication with office team & drivers.
- Ensure information for invoicing and settling carriers is correct.
- Maintain accurate information on brokers, including name, phone number, surety bond, MC#, signed contract, & company credit standards.
- Verify all information on each load with Customer, Broker, & Driver. Keying in loads, getting directions & hours for pickup and delivery locations. Giving ETA for pickup and delivery to appropriate locations.
- Qualify new customers & brokers, maintain current records. Work closely with Business Service to Qualify.
- Ensure all new and current customers and brokers meet company credit standards of net 30 days.
- Assist with permits for OD loads.
- Able to Work demanding hours, be available no less than 7am-430pm M-F. Some weekend work may be required. Be willing to make & receive calls from drivers after hours.
- Relay any & all change of performance and/or attitude of drivers to the owners and/or manager.
- Other duties as directed by Team Leader, Manager, and Owners.
- College degree or 2-4 years work experience, sales training helpful
- Above average communication skills
- An understanding of the transportation industry, or desire to learn
- Self motivated & innovative - able to work with little supervision
- Able to multi task and prioritize task at hand