VP of Product Development
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Career Solutions, a professional employment firm, has partnered with our client a leading company in the energy industry, to identify and recruit qualified candidates for a Vice President of Product Development, for their company located in Minneapolis. This is a direct hire opportunity for employment with our partnered client.
Looking for an exceptional Vice President of Product Development who is seeking a new opportunity to let their talents flourish in an innovative small business learning environment that serves the energy industry; one of the fastest growing segments in world. You will play a pivotal role in the development and execution of an annual product development plan to drive member, product and service growth opportunities throughout the United States by delivering a world-class member experience. If you're tired of being underappreciated for your talent and are looking for an innovative, informal environment to let your talents soar, then we want to talk with you.Position Summary
The Vice President of Product Development works closely with the entire organization on overall planning and execution of the product development for all internal and external audiences to insure achievement of association goals and the delivery of a world-class member experience.
Works with the entire organization to lead the development and implementation of an annual product plan and budget that enables the successful achievement of annual business goals across all channels and lines of business.
Supports the association in the development of annual forecasts and associated plans to achieve new product and existing member growth objectives.
Directs the efforts of staff regarding all aspects of developing and implementing innovative and products; including development and execution of the annual association course and product development plans. This will include custom member content and products.
· Works with the Director of e-learning and Vice President of Marketing on effective data mining of member feedback related to courses and products
· Tracks member product enrollment versions and accounting in the association management system WebLink
· Responsible for training and staff utilization of the content authoring software and templates in both Content Creator and Lectora to insure a superior course product
· Using a Shared Services model, coordinates the strategic and tactical levels with the lines of business and works collaboratively with the Director of e-learning and the Vice President of Marketing to ensure the delivery of a world-class member experience
· Ensure all course content is reviewed by subject matter experts from the industry or committee prior to release
· Responsible for the developing and implementing efficient and effective course and product feedback surveys and tools to measure course and product satisfaction levels
· Actively participates in the association new product development process and develops innovative plans that support an effective product launch
· As required, authors RFP's and manages the selection process for external course authors and technology partners
• Minimum of five years of relevant professional course/product development experience. Past experience working in an association business model preferred, but not required
• Bachelor's degree in a related discipline required
· Experience working with leading edge technology solutions. Experience with, Mobile Content & Analytics, Learning Sites, Social Communities and Web Conferencing
· Experience working in a corporate shared services environment and building collaborative working partnerships with multiple internal business line owners.
· Demonstrated experience (samples will be requested) developing comprehensive course and product development plans
• Experience working with a formal new product development process and supporting successful product launches
• Strong project management skills with proven track record of managing cross-functional project teams
• Advanced knowledge business software - MS Office Suite, Goto Meeting, Lectora, MS Sequel, Access, Flash, HTML5, SCORM/AICC and browsers.
• Working knowledge of web development technologies, and mobile platforms
• Strong people skills, including the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with multiple departments
• Ability to work independently, be proactive, drive solutions, drive change and think creatively
Send emails to: email@example.com