7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Career Solutions has partnered with a leader in the power generation construction industry to find an experienced Site Manager with a minimum of three years of supervisory experience in heavy construction. The Site Manager provides leadership, manages the operational and financial aspects of construction projects, and is the primary liaison with the client's project management team. The Site Manager also identifies potential leads and assists estimators with development of pricing proposals. This individual is also the enforcer of best practices, process utilization, safety and risk management, and is a cultural manager by ensuring that the company's fundamental values and beliefs are followed and maintained. He or she will also provide training and mentorship for all exempt supervisory personnel.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, or related degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Three years of supervisory experience in a related construction industry (i.e. heavy civil, industrial, utilities, power generation).
Essential Job Functions:
· Risk Management: Responsible for establishing safe working conditions and safety procedures on projects, as well as understanding and enforcing company, federal and state safety regulations and discussing concerns with Project Manager and Risk Management Director.
· Supervision: The SM is responsible for setting the direction for projects by collaborating with multiple supervisors to plan and staff all project employees through the proper utilization of company resources, processes and policies. In addition, the SM provides formal coaching feedback and identifies high potential employees for advancement. The SM also establishes and fosters continuous teambuilding and ensures best practice training and mentoring efforts are utilized.
- Strategic Partner Relations: The SM will utilize a professional demeanor and ensure site supervisors act professionally while interacting with internal and external individuals. He or she will also communicate, collaborate and negotiate with owner regarding major project decisions and work diligently to proactively engage all subcontractors, vendors, and third party stakeholders in achieving project goals.
- Operations: At project commencement, the SM will coordinate teambuilding, internal trade alignment meetings, and site planning activities. The SM will also meet weekly with project supervisors to coordinate materials, equipment, supplies and subcontractors to maximize quality and production while minimizing costs.
- Financial: The SM will ensure accurate tracking and reporting of quantities and costs and ensure the site management team is accurately monitoring labor hours, costs and quantities against budget for making decisions, knowing the work and supporting financial forecasting by the PM.
- Quality: The SM will provide general oversight that the project construction activities and project engineering are in conformance with the project specifications and the project Quality Plan, Best Practices, and the Company Energy Quality Systems processes and practices. He or she will ensure implementation and training of Quality procedures, standards, and guidelines and will instill the philosophy that quality is the responsibility of each individual project employee.
Additional Job Functions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle driving record (MVR)
- Interpersonal Skills - Ability to supervise and present to a large number of employees
- Working knowledge of equipment and their appropriate applications
- Effective Communication Skills (oral, written, listening, presentation) to effectively work with owners, vendors, employees, landowners, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project, Visio)
- Excellent organizational, scheduling, planning and prioritization skills
- Accounting (math and record-keeping)
- Involved with and understands all disciplines of current project task
- Must re-locate to the project site for the duration of each construction project they are assigned to
- May be required to become a qualified individual in pursuit of company contract licensing
To learn more and apply for this position, please contact Doherty Career Solutions recruiter Kelly Sheppard by phone at 952-562-1025 or email her at email@example.com.