- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Career Solutions is working with our client that is seeking a Maintenance Technician to work third Shift in their Chanhassen location. This position reports to the technical engineering manager. The pay range is $22.00 - $28.00 hourly, depending on qualifications.
The MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN position is responsible for:
- Focus on all equipment performance, seeking to optimize efficiency, safety, and quality.
- Develop procedures to improve equipment work flow to maximize productivity.
- Maintains a clean work area, tools and all equipment in a clean and functional manner.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance - monthly.
- Perform equipment repairs in a manner that addresses not only the symptom but also resolves the root problem. Utilize team, engineering, shop technician when necessary.
- Inventory control: Aware of all supply locations and maintains supplies by signing out parts when removed/used.
- Data recording: Maintain all maintenance logs accurately and neatly - Passdown, monthly PM report, weekly report, etc.
- Looks for methods to keep repair costs down and relationships with vendors positive.
- Make superior product quality. Work is within the ISO 9001 framework.
The following are required for the MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN role:
- Ability to work on equipment and machines such as mechanical components, lamination processes, punch machines, and rolls of products.
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills, and the ability to use all available resources to make an accurate diagnosis and repair.
- High technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Organized, have a sense of priorities with repairs that need to be performed - if in doubt check with the shift supervisor.
- Hydraulic - basic understanding and repair skills.
- Sensors - Keyence, Sick, Kita, Omron.
- Robotics - Pick and place.
- Electronics and pneumatic - interfacing.
- Servo motor and drive - basic understanding.
- PLC knowledge - ability to read and understand schematic, ladder logic.
- Machine shop tools - ability to perform some basic machine shop equipment - manual Mill, lathe, sander, band saw, power hand tool, etc.
- Troubleshooting - process of elimination.
- Stepper motors and drives.
EDUCATION & REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Associates degree, preferred in Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical.
- Prior experience with Robotics, Automation equipment.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Candidates must successfully pass a background, drug test and credit check.
- Willing to work any shift including weekend.
- Some overtime may be required.