Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty has partnered with a Fortune 500 company that has been in business for seventy five years as a leader in their industry in three major market-leading businesses: Insulation, Roofing and Composites. The company is preparing themselves for increasing growth and development and they are looking for a Maintenance Technician with a very strong mechanical and electrical aptitude. They need an individual who will work collaboratively with their team. This is a company that is working to help sustain local communities for future generations. This is a direct hire opportunity with our partnering company. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to the Maintenance Leader, Planner, Scheduler, and shift leaders on jobs to be performed.
- Performs PM's as they are scheduled.
- Reports all equipment concerns to their leaders.
- Performs all equipment repairs and projects in a safe and efficient manner using all safety procedures.
- Answer line calls in a prompt manner and carry required tools to complete work safely and efficiently.
- Assist during process upsets as needed.
- Wear all required safety equipment (PPE) necessary for the job and follow all plant safety rules and regulations, including the machinery lockout procedure.
- Follow the scheduled jobs unless given approval to deviate from the schedule.
- Attend schools, seminars, etc. to enhance skills in the various crafts including mechanical, electrical, PLC, machining, and welding.
- Mechanical Repairs; bearings, power transmission, pumps, gearboxes, welding, fabricating, machine tool technology, etc.
- Electrical Repairs; electrical motors, 480 volt 3 phase systems, 24 volt control systems, VFD, PLC, encoders, power supplies.
- Computer literate to perform work order related tasks in CMMS.
- Overall record: Safety, performance, attendance, etc. will be considered.
- Write and speak English.
- Able to work second or third shift as scheduled.
- Training classes will be available on own time to stay current with maintenance technology and as determined by the Maintenance Development Program.
- MUST have Computer and Software Competencies
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- Two (2) years verifiable experience in the industrial maintenance field required, four (4) years preferred, in a manufacturing environment.