Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Career Solutions is in search for an Industrial Maintenance Technician. Constructs, installs, maintains and repairs any plant mechanical, structural, hydraulic or pneumatic equipment according to accepted codes and safety standards. Position makes necessary decisions, according to skill level, in carrying out all job functions to the fullest extent when working without direct supervision. Position will be able to demonstrate skills in power transmission, air systems, piping, hydraulics, pumps, troubleshooting components welding, alignment procedures, rigging and millwright work, PLC, motor controls, electrical trouble-shooting.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Multi-craft industrial maintenance skills including:
- Mechanical Repairs; bearings, power transmission, pumps, gearboxes, welding, fabricating, machine tool technology, etc.
- Electrical Repairs; electrical motors, 480 volt 3 phase systems, 24 volt control systems, VFD, PLC, encoders, power supplies.
- Computer literate to perform work order related tasks in CMMS.
- Overall record: Safety, performance, attendance, etc. will be considered.
- Write and speak English.
- Able to work second or third shift as scheduled.
- Training classes will be available on own time to stay current with maintenance technology and as determined by the Maintenance Development Program.
- MUST have Computer and Software Competencies
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Maintenance Leader, Planner, Scheduler, and shift leaders on jobs to be performed.
- Performs PM's as they are scheduled.
- Reports all equipment concerns to their leaders.
- Performs all equipment repairs and projects in a safe and efficient manner using all safety procedures.
- Answer line calls in a prompt manner and carry required tools to complete work safely and efficiently.
- Assist during process upsets as needed.
- Wear all required safety equipment (PPE) necessary for the job and follow all plant safety rules and regulations, including the machinery lockout procedure.
- Follow the scheduled jobs unless given approval to deviate from the schedule.
- Clean up immediately after a job is completed and maintain a quality house-cleaning program.
- Attend schools, seminars, etc. to enhance skills in the various crafts including mechanical, electrical, PLC, machining, and welding.
- Keep the parts and tool rooms organized and cleaned.
- Work with other employees in a team like manner.
- Notify your supervisor immediately of any accident, near miss accident or on-the-job injury when it occurs no matter how insignificant it may seem.
- Operate equipment only when you are trained in its use or are working with or under the direction of a qualified employee, and you are authorized to do so by your supervisor.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- Two (2) years verifiable experience in the industrial maintenance field required, four (4) years preferred, in a manufacturing environment.