City of Chaska, Minnesota (pop. 25,500) is accepting applications to fill the position of City Engineer.
The primary objective of this position is to lead all engineering activities within the City of Chaska, including administering municipal improvements from concept to final completion, assure that construction of all public and private development projects meet all City design standards and ordinances, leading the review of all plats and subdivision proposals to assure adequacy of public improvements, provide engineering consultation services to all internal City departments, provide recommendations to City Council and Planning Commission on engineering issues related to new development, lead all storm water planning activities for the City, and lead the Assistant City Engineer and Engineer Tech positions to plan for, implement and inspect all engineering projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in civil engineering or related field
- Registered in Minnesota as a Professional Engineer or ability to obtain this within 1 year
- 5-years progressively responsible skilled civil engineering experience with an emphasis in project management/inspection, or an equivalent combination of experience and education/training which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the work.
- Demonstrated knowledge of municipal engineering with ability to plan and implement complicated projects
- Possession of valid Driver’s License
- Government (city, county, state, etc.) civil engineering experience.
Starting salary range is $97,212 to $111,732 per year depending on qualifications plus excellent benefits.
Full Job description and required City employment application materials are available at www.chaskamn.com/335/Employment .
Application materials, including a resume, must be received by 4:00 P.M. on Friday, February 17, 2017.
EOE Please return application City of Chaska HR or email @HR.chaskamn.com
Required City employment application materials are available at www.chaskamn.com/335/Employment