Construction Project Manager - FT (Healthcare Equipment Installation Medical PM)
BARRIER FREE ACCESS -- An SFM Company
Trusted Experts... Complete Solutions...
Barrier Free Access (BFA) is looking for experienced, self-motivated individuals with vision, creativity and a passion for safety. Ideal Project Manager candidates will possess a desire to positively and proactively impact the well-being of patients and their caregivers through the education and successful completion of safe patient handling and accessibility product/equipment installations. Candidates will have an ability to function as a high performing team member and adhere to strict quality guidelines.
*This position works out of BFA’s New Brighton location*
- Timely & cost-effectively completes a wide variety of projects which include site assessments and proposals through project closeouts.
- Coordinates, schedules and manages project installation plans, equipment and subcontractors; directs sub-contractors and trades on job-sites.
- Participates in weekly team and customer project status meetings; acts as company liaison and subject matter expert.
- Identifies potential issues before they arise and troubleshoots other issues as they arise; evaluates alternatives and proposes solutions.
- Communicates project status, risks and opportunities.
- Provides on-site direction and refereeing of subcontractors and trades as needed.
- Maintains and enforces a safe work environment; enforcing procedures, standards, rules and regulations.
- Inspects progress on projects and installations during construction phase and at completion to determine the need for modifications.
- Attends preconstruction meetings, provides input on scopes of work and contracts, reviews plans, ensures compliance.
- Maintains positive company image (appropriate language, dress, and behavior)
- Maintains knowledge of building codes, federal, state and local laws, standards for public and/or healthcare works and construction and handicap accessibility requirements.
- Combination field and office work.
*Qualified candidates are NOT expected to carry their own tools; mileage allowance or use of company vehicle will be available*
- Previous construction or related trade experience.
- PM or project lead experience.
- Knowledge of materials/construction estimating.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Ability to respectfully interact with external & internal customers.
- Interact professionally with all organizational levels & the public; dependable resource & representative of BFA/SFM.
- Math skills.
- Big picture thinker, visionary.
- Able to identify and proactively point out potential job site issues before they arise.
- Willingness to learn/get certified in BFA safety products.
- Able to resolve routine project challenges (deadlines, material, labor, etc.).
- Diplomatic with tradesman as necessary; capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of teams.
- Effective time mgmt. & logical decision-making ability.
- Proficiency in use of technology including records mgmt.., word, excel, & mobile phone.
- Travel when required throughout the Midwest.
- Healthcare industry experience, preferred.
- Exposure to AutoCAD is a plus.
--Exciting & rewarding--
SFM was named a MN Top Workplace in 2015 and it’s not just because we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive insurance plans. We want our employees to feel proud, at home, and appreciated! Here are just SOME ways we show it:
- Shortened workweek for WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Traditional -&- Roth 401(k) retirement plans with employer MATCH
- Charitable giving with employer MATCH
- PAID day to volunteer in the community
- SFM Foundation scholarship program
- Career mentor -&- development programs
- Company training -&- education reimbursement
- Wellness -&- safety programs
- FREE employee assistant plan (EAP)
- PAID holidays -&- leaves
- FREE short & long-term disability -&- life insurance
- College savings, adoption assistance, -&- savings bonds
- Pre-paid legal -&- identity theft protection
- Auto -&- homeowner’s insurance DISCOUNTS
- MERSC, Verizon, -&- gym membership DISCOUNTS
- Voluntary cancer, accident, -&- critical illness insurances
- And MORE!
- Click Here to APPLY -&- Find out why SFM employees have stuck around for 30+ years.
BFA was founded as a family-owned construction company providing accessibility products and services to individuals with disabilities and the elderly; helping them to live independently. Over the years, BFA has expanded its showroom and service offerings to include working with acute, long-term and clinic care facilities. Today, BFA is a highly respected, award-winning accessibility and solutions company, distributing and installing safe patient handling products and equipment across Minnesota, Iowa, North and South Dakota.
SFM Companies, EEO/AA Employers
Keywords: commercial construction, project management, assistant project manager, PM, project engineer, general contractor, install, installer, safety, vendor management, improvement, risk management, estimating, estimator, technician, maintenance, superintendent, health care, healthcare, field operations, utilities, quality, customer service, contracts, blueprints, biomed, safe patient handling, SPH, OSHA