Sonic Drill Operator
5 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Sonic Drill Operator
IDEA Drilling is a drilling company located in northern Minnesota specializing in Diamond Core and Geotechnical, Environmental drilling.
IDEA’s services include full sized track and truck mounted sonic and diamond core drills.
• Well Drilling and Installation
• Geotechnical Testing
• Well Development and Aquifer Testing
• Instrumentation Installation
• Core Drilling
This position is in charge of ensuring drilling operations are in accordance with the drilling plan from implementation, completion and abandonment of drill sites. The Driller works with the crew in preparing the equipment and site for the drilling operation. Setup and breakdown of drilling sites, which includes repetitive bending, lifting and climbing, may be done on a daily basis.
- Includes knowledge and ability to perform the Field Specialist and Field Technician roles and to backfill if necessary.
- Ability to travel for extended periods
- Ability and knowledge to operate drill rig and drilling equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to maneuver in small areas
- Assures safety training is current and logged
- Maintains daily drilling reports
- Checks and maintains equipment in good and safe repair
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks as assigned by supervisors and prepares documentation.
- Performs miscellaneous maintenance duties in field or shop as directed by supervisors.
- Is a crew leader, training and mentoring employees while maintaining a safe environment
- Complete well logs, log book, repair orders, DVIR inspection sheet and tool box talks
- Maintain positive relationship with client
- Manage the work site activity
- Maintain all certifications
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
- Train crew members as needed
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years’ experience in the drilling industry
- One year of experience as a driller
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds throughout the day
- CDL – Class A
- Knowledge of safety policies, regulations, and a demonstrated record of excellent safe work habits
- HAZWOPER certified
Reports To: Operations Manager Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
IDEA Drilling LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Sonic Drill Operator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly