Assistant Principal, Secondary
Eden Prairie Schools is seeking applicants for Associate Principal at Central Middle School (CMS). Central Middle School has a staff of 160 that serve over 1,400 students. This is an exciting leadership opportunity for someone to team with the principal to provide educational leadership for CMS including staff and student supervision, curriculum development and building management focusing on the success of each student. Eden Prairie is a school district with around 1,400 employees serving approximately 9,000 students. The district is recognized for its quality initiatives and its leadership in educational programming.
- Minnesota Principal License, or ability to obtain.
- A minimum of 1 year successful experience in public school administration or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a classroom teacher.
- Experienced leader to guide and manage staff in an inclusive environment that fosters trust, respect and consensus building.
- Experienced in the areas of curriculum development and evaluation, personnel development and evaluation.
- Advanced course work in areas pertaining to skills and content of the principalship.
- Knowledge and experience regarding current issues in school management.
- Skilled communicator and systems thinker who possess excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work with staff, parents and community.
- Demonstrated ability to work within the framework of an administrative team.
- Committed to high academic standards for all students.
- Technological expertise in supporting systems that improve school-wide data and process improvement needs.