Eden Prairie Schools is seeking applicants for Principal of our Prairie View Elementary School. Prairie View Elementary is invested in promoting innovative STEM/Environmental science work in an authentic learning format and features a courtyard area that includes green house structures, rain barrels, and compost bins. Prairie View Elementary has staff of 106 that serves approximately 713 children. The ideal leader must have experience regarding curriculum development and evaluation, be a skilled communicator, possess above average interpersonal skills to work with a diverse population among our students, parents and community. Eden Prairie is a school district with approximately 1,400 employees serving 9,000 students. The district is recognized for its quality initiatives and its leadership in educational programming.
• Minnesota Elementary Principal License, or ability to obtain
• 3-5 years of successful experience in public school administration and/or supervision
• 5 years minimum experience as a classroom teacher
• Experience with school improvement processes
Summary of Qualifications:
• Demonstrates ability to coach all levels of staff to meet needs of diverse learners
• Knowledge and experience regarding current issues in large school management.
• Foster and support a focused professional learning environment for staff
• Advanced knowledge of curriculum development and evaluation
• Experience with budget management
• Effective organization, management, communication expertise
• Team, consensus-building and collaboration skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.