Are you ready to work for an outstanding organization that offers a stable work environment; provides employees with an excellent, fully comprehensive benefits package; has opportunities for advancement; and provides a supportive and fun work environment? Do you enjoy knowing your mission is to provide a safe and reliable vehicle to transport our most precious and brightest minds? Then we would like to invite you to come join the outstanding Transportation Department at Eden Prairie Schools!
While here you will work with the best in the field maintaining transportation vehicles and district equipment; making necessary repairs according to code or maintenance schedules so that vehicles and equipment are available and operate safely, effectively and efficiently; and you will learn how to become a back-up bus driver to help fill in on occasion, should the need arise.
POSITION: Mechanic (Full-Time position, 8 hrs/day, 5 days/week)
LOCATION: Transportation Department at Eden Prairie Schools
RATE OF PAY:
- Rate of Pay is effective 7/1/16 - 6/30/17
- Training Period: $24.60/hour ($51,168/yr - this is effective the first 90 school yr. calendar days); then,
- Regular Rate of Pay: $25.04/hr base pay ($52,083.20/yr) + opportunities for additional income* (see below).
- *Additional Income Opportunities:
- ASE Certification + $1.00/hour ($54,163.20/yr) -or- Master ASE Certification + $2.00/hour ($56,243.20/yr
- Red Cross CPR Instructor or Red Cross First Aid Instructor Certification + extra $1.00/hr (while training or while recertifying).
BENEFITS: Outstanding comprehensive benefits package:
- Health Care Plan ($0 to low cost for single or family coverage)
- Dental Plan ($0 cost for single or family coverage)
- Life ($0 cost - up to 2x salary provided)
- LTD ($0 cost to employee)
- FLEX Plan (optional tax-savings plan for employees)
- Tax-sheltered annuity (a district match is provided)
- Pension Plan (a district contribution is provided)
- Tuition Reimbursement available
HOURS PER DAY: 8 hours/day
START & ENDING TIME: TBD
WORKING DAYS PER YEAR: 260 days/year
PAID HOLIDAYS and VACATION TIME: 11 paid holidays/year + 10-28 days paid vacation/year (number of vacation days depends on length of service).
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Vocational technical graduate in truck repair/mechanics is required.
• Bus Driver's training. Knowledge of bus and drivers safety.
• Three year's mechanical bus/truck experience.
• Five years with a good driving record.
• Knowledge of mechanical bus/truck repair.
• Ability to comprehend technical manuals.
• Ability to work well with students, staff, and community.
• Ability to repair a variety of equipment within a deadline despite interruptions.
• CDL within the first three months is required (district will assist candidates with this process).
TESTING REQUIRED: To be determined
APPLICATION REVIEW TO BEGIN: Application review will begin immediately, but the position will remain open until filled.
APPLY ON-LINE: WWW.EPJOBS.ORG
EDEN PRAIRIE SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Eden Prairie Public Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Eden Prairie Public Schools does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age.