Senior Director, Student Support Service
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Eden Prairie Schools is seeking applicants for a Senior Director, Student Support Services. This position will serve as a member of the cabinet and is responsible for providing leadership for the district's student support services and special education programs. The person will be responsible for aligning the department’s work with the district’s strategic plan and lead collaboratively with other department heads, principals, and teachers to assure success for each learner. This position will oversee the student support services department and be responsible for programs such as: Special Education (Early Childhood through Age 21), English Language Learners (ELL), Title I, II, and III, Health & Related Services, oversight of 504’s, and Targeted Services/ALC's. Eden Prairie is a school district with over 1,400 employees serving approximately 9,000 students. The district is recognized for its quality initiatives and its leadership in educational programming.
- Director of Special Education license through the State of Minnesota or ability to obtain
- Master's Degree required, specialist or doctorate preferred
- Certification in multiple special education licensure areas.
- Five years’ experience in special education, three years in disability area.
- Three years administrative or supervisory experience.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Demonstrated understanding of theory and experience with:
- current special education law, rules, and practices
- English language learner programming and pedagogies
- due process
- implementing multi-tiered systems of supports for learning and behavior
- curriculum, instruction & assessment
- designing effective professional learning for staff
- implementing integrated student support service models
- current issues related to child and parent education
- student support services as it relates to programming Birth to Age 21
- Passion for student support services and working in cooperation with teachers, other staff members, and parents/guardians, to meet the learning needs of individual students.
- Ability to facilitate effective meetings and dialogue with teachers, building principals, district staff, and various stakeholder groups.
- Can resolve parent and student issues/concerns related to student support services concerns in cooperation with building principals.
- Understanding effective data collection and use of data to drive instructional decision-making including differentiated and tiered instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships and effectively manage ambiguity.
- Successful experience with searching for and obtaining grants.
- Familiarity with producing and managing district wide budgets.
- Commitment to equity and meeting the needs of EACH student.
Interested applicants should apply online at www.epjobs.org. Please contact the Human Resources department at (952) 975-7106 with any questions. Confidential inquiries may be directed to Thomas May, Executive Director of Human Resources, at (925) 975-7102.
EDEN PRAIRIE SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Eden Prairie Public Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Eden Prairie Public Schools does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age.