Senior Director, Personalized Learning
Eden Prairie Schools is seeking applicants to serve as the Senior Director, Personalized Learning. This position will serve as a member of the cabinet and is responsible for providing leadership, so each student meets district and personal expectations. This person will be responsible for aligning the department’s work with the district’s strategic plan. The position will lead a highly collaborative team and work with other department heads, principals and teachers to implement sound content, pedagogy, while assuring curriculum and instruction is culturally relevant, effective, rigorous, aligned, and leverages digital resources. Eden Prairie is a school district with over 1,400 employees serving approximately 9,000 students. The district is recognized for its quality initiatives and its leadership in educational programming.
- Administrative license through the Minnesota Department of Education
- Master’s Degree in an educationally related field required (Specialist or Doctorate preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a successful school administrator
- Background in research related to teaching and learning theory and practice.
- Demonstrated understanding of theory and experience with:
- curriculum review, design, and implementation.
- implementing research based instructional strategies and practices that inspire each student to learn and grow while eliminating achievement disparities.
- assembling highly engaged, collaborative, purposeful, and effective teams.
- leading and facilitating change within an EC-12 educational environment.
- how assessment can be leveraged to positively impact student learning.
- using the 4C’s (Creativity, Collaboration, Communication, and Critical Thinking) to ensure each student exits high school college and career ready.
- effectively leveraging technology as a tool to empower student and staff learning.
- design and delivery of effective adult learning opportunities for certified and classified staff.
- implementing multi-tiered systems of supports for learning and behavior
- gifted and talented programming
- assessment and evaluation for the purpose of continuous improvement
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills, and demonstrated experience working with building principals, teachers, parents, school boards, community members and other constituent groups.
- Passion for designing and implementing systems that help students, as they work in cooperation with their teachers, other staff members, and parents/guardians, to create personalized learning plans.
- Ability to facilitate effective meetings and dialogue with teachers, building principals, district staff, and various stakeholder groups.
- Can resolve parent and student issues/concerns related to curriculum and instruction matters in cooperation with the building principals.
- Understanding effective data collection and use of data to drive instructional decision-making including differentiated and tiered instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships and effectively manage ambiguity.
- Successful experience with searching for and obtaining grants.
- Familiarity with producing and managing district wide budgets.
- Commitment to equity and meeting the needs of each student
Interested applicants should apply online at www.epjobs.org. Please contact the Human Resources department at (952) 975-7106 with any questions. Confidential inquiries may be directed to Thomas May, Executive Director of Human Resources, at (925) 975-7102.
EDEN PRAIRIE SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Eden Prairie Public Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Eden Prairie Public Schools does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age.