Infection Preventionist - RN
Marshfield Clinic is celebrating 100 years of innovation and clinical excellence! There has never been a better time to join us!
The Infection Prevention Nurse is responsible for intervening directly to prevent infections, educating and training employees, conducting on-site environmental inspections/audits for all aspects of Infection Prevention and Control, serving as a resource, assisting with surveillance, prevention and control monitoring, assisting with surgical site infection follow-up and investigations, and assisting in developing quality improvement programs pertinent to infection prevention and control to improve patient safety.
Marshfield Clinic Health System is committed to enriching the lives of others through accessible, affordable compassionate healthcare. Successful applicants will listen, serve and put the needs of patients and customers first.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Bachelor’s degree in Epidemiology, Microbiology, Public Health or related field.
- Infection Control certification (CIC) awarded by the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology to be obtained within two years of hire.
- State of Wisconsin Registered Nurse license as applicable.
- Prefer Certification in Infection Control (CIC) awarded by the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology upon hire.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Power Point.
- 3 years of experience in an acute care setting to include:
- Identification of infectious disease programs
- Surveillance and epidemiologic investigation
- Prevention and controlling transmission of infectious agents.
- Prefer four years of experience working as an Infection Preventionist within an infection prevention program preferred. Surgical background and Operating Room experience desired
Questions may be directed to: Beth Westlund, Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply directly through:
Apply online at https://www.marshfieldclinic.org/careers
Search by position number MC160109
Marshfield Clinic, 1000 North Oak Avenue, Marshfield, WI 54449
Marshfield Clinic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.