Sr Paralegal Contracts
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS A SR PARALEGALAbout This OpportunityThe Sr. Paralegal (Operational Strategies) will develop, draft and negotiate commercial contracts and technology agreements as well as develop and implement strategies for facilitating contract development and negotiation. The paralegal will provide independent project management, client partnership, and expertise with regard to commercial transactions and related business issues. The paralegal will play an integral role in a variety of transactions and regularly represent the law department through direct contact with clients and vendor representatives.PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently undertake contract formation and related matters, including reviewing, negotiating and drafting commercial contracts and technology agreements and preparing document exhibits and amendments. Exercise independent judgment and discretion in negotiating on behalf of the Company on these matters.
- Independently analyze non-standard contract language, evaluate and recommend alternative contracting strategies with respect to requests for modifications to contract language, which may include preparation of contract amendments and the review, negotiation and modification of customized forms. Regularly communicate results directly to business clients.
- Consistently develop and implement best practices and process improvements related to managing commercial transactions.
- Independently review and summarize numerous documents in support of negotiating and documenting vendor relationships and transactions. Make recommendations for resolution.
- Investigate and analyze vendor concerns and disputes and develop appropriate resolutions.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal business partners and outside resources; independently coordinate with business partners, outside counsel, vendors and vendor counsel; independently interface with procurement teams to ensure terms and conditions of contracts contain appropriate provisions and comply with any compliance measures.
- Identify procedures, develop resources and provide contracts training to business partners and other paralegals, including preparing presentations and training materials.
- Act as a primary point of contact for identified client groups.
- Identify issues requiring legal research and perform legal research to reach conclusions and recommendations.
- Independently perform special projects related to law department activities and serve as a team representative on department-wide initiatives.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience as a paralegal in a transactional or contracts based practice or in contracts management. May consider other comparable experience with primary and autonomous responsibility for reviewing, drafting and negotiating a broad range of standard commercial contracts.
- College degree or ABA-approved paralegal certificate.
- High level of professionalism and initiative. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently. Strong oral and written communication skills, including business English, composition, spelling, grammar and familiarity with contract and legal terms. Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, motivated self-starter with the ability to manage matters and proactively anticipate issues.
- Task-oriented with excellent sense of prioritization, highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks, to work with varied clients groups, and to work well under pressure. Must be able to manage time efficiently and to handle conflicting time demands and focus on task completion with little direction or need for supervisory follow-up.
- Ability to manage other resources (outside counsel, other paralegals, administrative assistants) and provide direction to others.
- Must work well as a team member.
- Highly proficient in various standard PC-based software packages, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability and desire to master new software applications (such as Workshare (redlining software), Hummingbird DM and others as identified). Proficient in Westlaw and internet research.