Medical Billing Specialist-South Metro!
The Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for submitting and following up on claims with health insurance companies in order to receive payment for services rendered by a provider.
- Collaborating with staff from other departments to solve billing issues.
- Using data to produce and submit claims to insurance companies.
- Working directly with the insurance company, healthcare providers, and the patient to get a claim processed and paid.
- Reviewing, resubmitting and appealing unpaid and denied claims.
- Handling collections on unpaid accounts.
- Resolving client‐billing problems and applying good customer service in a timely manner.
- Establishing and securing payment plans, and collecting customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
- Providing a timely follow‐up payment arrangements.
- Posting payments to client accounts in multiple databases.
- Conducting account research and analysis.
- Reconciling Accounts Receivable to the General Ledger.
- Keeping accurate records of data and ensuring information is being stored properly which entails backing up computer systems daily.
- Preparing and maintaining various reports.
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices of accounting.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Experience with EMR software, QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalency.
- Minimum of two years’ experience with medical billing.