Doherty Staffing Solutions is seeking a Shipping Associate to work at our client company located in McGregor, MN. The hours are Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm. Pay depends on experience.
Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipping by performing duties as listed below.
• Compares identifying information and counts, weights, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records
• Determines method of shipment and posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage
• Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons.
• Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers
• Inserts items into containers
• Nails covers on wooden crates or binds containers with metal tape
• Stamps, stencils or clues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
• Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify
• Routes items to departments
• Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications
• Maintains inventory of shipping material and supplies
• Operates tier lift truck or uses handy truck to convey, or hoist shipments SHIPPING REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma/GED
• Lift up to 75 pounds
• Pass forklift certification test
• Willing to work in extreme climate conditions; hot and cold
• Experience in a shipping department preferredCONTACT:
Qualified candidates please first apply online at www.doherty.jobs then call 218-454-4473 and ask about the Communications Coordinator opportunity. You may also upload your resume to your Doherty account or email to email@example.com.Doherty Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Drug Free Employer.
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app