7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Senior Accountant (Accountant III) position within the Office of Academic Affairs.
This position involves financial management of operating and program budgets in Academic Affairs, including Study Abroad, Undergraduate Studies, Faculty Development, Faculty Sponsored Research, Selim Center.
1. Financial management of operating budgets. Reviews and processes financial transactions in accordance with UST policy and procedures. Develops and maintains records and filing system for financial activities. Prepares submission of annual budgets in collaboration with Academic Affairs leadership. Monitors and reconciles expenditure reports and analyzes program growth. Identifies and corrects account discrepancies. Adjusts budgets as necessary. Responsible for producing routine (monthly) and ad-hoc reports on request from Banner and Cognos to provide advanced reconciliation and ready access to information critical for decision-making and internal controls.
2. Manages study away and other billing process including processing payments to program providers, verifying and communicating student billing to the business office and reconciliation of study away clearing account. Serves as the primary liaison for student account inquiries regarding charges and refunds.
3. Helps prepare Study Abroad and other program budgets in appropriate software for the financial planning purposes of students and Financial Aid.
4. Prepares, reviews and submits financial contracts for services and goods in program-related contracts. Ensures that fiscal requests and issues are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
5. Works with the appropriate offices on campus to deal with financial and payroll matters including faculty non-base compensation and student workers. Ensures that scholarship, grant, and award funds are accurately dispersed. Works with Financial Aid and serves as a liaison for off-campus work-study with a service emphasis.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field and three years of professional experience in Accounting and/or Finance roles. An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
Knowledge of: accrual and cash balance accounting systems. Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. Previous experience with Banner and Cognos is valued. Ability to learn budgeting software as needed. Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and accounting software, such as Quickbooks. Knowledge of the higher education environment and experience with service-learning and/or study abroad programs are preferred qualifications.
Skill in: preparing, analyzing, reconciling, and interpreting financial reports and documentation; applying and explaining policies and procedures related to the work; preparing clear and concise reports, policies, procedures, correspondence, and other written materials; using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Special Instructions to Candidates:
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.