Automation Controls Engineer
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
- Creation and development of drawings, bill of materials, schematics, ladder diagrams, training documents, and IQ, OQ and PQ validation reports.
- Design and manufacturing equipment for CPC production Train employees on new automated equipment functionality and theory as needed.
- Creates meaningful metrics to track and improve the uptime, productivity, and product quality.
- Update and maintain revisions of technical documentation. Support during equipment breakdowns, and technical issues which may include troubleshooting down to the component level.
- May direct and instruct both internal employees and external contractors during projects or advanced technical troubleshooting.
- Research and specify automation components based on project requirements.
- Analyze, recommend and implement improvements to manufacturing processes, which will benefit from automation techniques.
- Creating and updating documentation, including electrical/pneumatic schematics, preventive maintenance, theory of operations, BoM, mechanical CAD files, IQ validations, training and troubleshooting documentation.
- Leading or directing temporary or external technical equipment builders
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or stoop.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in an engineering or technical discipline
- Minimum of five (5) or more years of direct experience working with electrical and pneumatic equipment at a technician level or higher
- Minimum of three (3) or more years of direct experience using CAD (Computer Aided Design) software
- Understand pneumatic and electrical automated design concepts
- Understand and practices acceptable safe electrical, mechanical, and operator work practices.
- Proficient in electronic, pneumatic, and mechanical design, repair, troubleshooting, and training.
- Proficient in Allen Bradley PLC, HMI and communication Suites.
- Must be able to select and implement vision systems according to project requirements.
- Able to generate mechanical drawings, and models - preferable in Pro-E / Creo
- Able to perform simple milling and turning operations to create and modify fixtures.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Design and program PLC logic
- Lean methodology familiarity