Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things. The Target Technology Team is driving a transformation in retail, one that will move us from “brick-and-mortar and online” to “bricks-and-mortar and everywhere else.” Our goal is to deliver Target's unique “Expect More. Pay Less.” promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.
You can be part of a development team defining the future of transportation at Target. As part of the Final Mile development team you will have the opportunity to design, develop and support innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms and environments.You'll put your skills,
experience, and passion to work in a fast-paced high impact environment where success
We are looking for highly motivated engineering professionals who can connect the in-store experience to the digital environment by creating scalable and seamless multi-channel experiences without losing the brand we are known for. Individuals in this role will have opportunities to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with experts in the eCommerce, multichannel retail, product management and software engineering fields.
About This Opportunity
You are a software developer with an entrepreneurial streak. You will build great products - ready to do whatever it takes to build scalable guest focused, world class eCommerce applications for the Engineer. You have good problem solving skills. You love keeping abreast of the latest industry trends and use them to help you innovate. You have leadership qualities, good judgment, clear communication skills.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
- Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices.
- Unit test code and create automated test scripts
- Work closely with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs
- Follow industry standard agile software design methodology for development and technical documentation
- Research related products and make necessary software recommendations
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
- 6+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Proficiency in Java
- Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
- Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills
- Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in web application development using AngularJS or Similar framework
- Experience with Spring Boot, Kafka
- Experience in REST API development