Investment Accounting Associate
Investment Accounting Associate- Edina, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with our client in the alternative investment industry to hire an Accounting Associate or Finance Associate. The Finance Associate will perform a variety of accounting and financial duties related to operations and investments.
*Direct Hire opportunity
- Assist the Director of Accounting and Director of Operations, and therefore will have exposure to numerous areas of the firm including operations, legal, information technology and investor relations.
- Work with business technology, will have understanding of how data flows through systems and how that relates to Acquisitions and Investments.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures, and will assist the finance team with compiling and analyzing financial information to ensure accurate and timely quarterly reporting.
- Assist in the operational facets of trades, and work with the portfolio managers to create in-depth summaries of all deal transactions that have occurred before each portfolio review.
- Analyze and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Assist with the annual financial statement audits of the funds.
- Assist with firm and fund expense allocations and monitor invoice payments.
- Work with Fund Administrator on investor reporting and Fund accounting.
- Ensure all required documents are in place and proper internal approvals are provided prior to funding an investment.
- Work with servicing partners to get new loans boarded on their systems and work with custodian and closing attorney to transfer all original loan documents to the custodian while reviewing incoming NDA’s.
- Coordinate distribution process with servicers; reconcile distribution reports confirming funds are accurately received and reconcile file inventory with custodian on a monthly basis.
- Upload actual and projected cash flows into internal systems and review data for accuracy.
- Work with the Risk Department to prepare quarterly portfolio review materials, and assist with preparation of quarterly investor reports.
- Experience within investment industry is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related is required
- 2-7 years of Accounting or Finance experience; strong internship within investment industry will also be considered
- Proficient in Excel, Quickbooks, Access, and/or financial modeling software