Progressive Punch Press Operator
Setup and operate progressive presses between 45T to 250 T. Produce quality parts in a timely and productive manner. Understand root cause of part or tool malfunction. Relay quality and production issues to the Production Manager. Work and maintain housekeeping in the work area.
- Setup tools, feeders, coilers and coil straighteners.
- Inspect and record part dimensions per quality plan and customer specifications.
- Troubleshoot causes when parts do not conform to customer specifications.
- Unload and package finished parts for shipment.
- Remove and clear scrap from press and work area as needed.
- Report part counts and labor accurately and in a timely manner.
- Good communication skills, multi-tasking skills and careful attention to detail.
- Understand the basics of progressive tools and equipment.
- Be able to read and interpret blueprints and job packets.
- Be proficient in the use of calipers, micrometer, protractor, height gage, gauge pins and drop through gauges.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently in order to derive and communicate information from manufacturing documents.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday between the hours of 6:00am - 2:30pm or 2:30pm - 1:00am and overtime as required.
- Ability to stand/sit or walk for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to regularly lift and twist the torso with packages of up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally lift up to 90 pounds.
- Ability to acquire and maintain forklift license; operate a forklift in a safe and productive manner.