Web Programmer/Analyst - Information Technology Services
St. Catherine University, St. Paul campus, invites applications for the full time position of Web Programmer/Analyst in the department of Information Technology Services.
The Web Programmer/Analyst will be an experienced programmer analyst who will focus on computer applications dealing with administrative functions for the institution. This person will design, test, implement and document programs to support and meet complex business needs. This position will provide ongoing user support for campus offices.
Within the Computing Services department, this person will be responsible for the implementation of upgrades or introduction of new products, design, develop and support web based applications and integration with the ERP systems.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Provide technical support for upgrades to existing application software modules.
• Provide ongoing user support for assigned departments
• Promote concept of “key user” program and provide appropriate training and ongoing consulting assistance
• Modify, Design, Test and implement web based solutions using development tools (Java, grails,
Web forms, MVC)
• Assist management staff in assigned departments with short and long-range information system planning
• A Bachelor's degree in related field plus one year minimum experience as a programmer/analyst or an equivalent combination of education and work experience is required.
• Programming experience (Java, html, XML, web services, MVC Framework) is required.
• Experience utilizing database development (SQL, Oracle).
• Basic experience with Linux commands and shell scripting. Experience with Ellucian products (Luminis, Banner, Appworx, Workflow) is preferred.
• Capability and willingness to learn additional tools are required.
• Must have strong communication and organizational skills, proven ability to work successfully with end user teams and be self-directed.
• The incumbent must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families, and communities.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer, Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org