Humera is looking for a Payroll Manager for our client located in Minnetonka, MN. The Payroll Manager will be responsible to ensure the payroll function is accurate, timely and in compliance with company policy and payroll tax laws. This is an immediate need, 1-2 month contract opportunity.
- Manage and coordinate the work of the payroll with the help of a payroll specialist to ensure that all transactions are processed accurately and timely for all payroll entities; includes new hires, terminations, leave of absences, benefit changes and QLEs, garnishments, relocation payments, incentive payments, severance, taxes, COBRA notices and employee data changes.
- Analyze and make recommendations for improvements to current payroll
- Automate manual reconciliations, reports and processes to maximize system efficiencies.
- Manage payroll related projects to their completion; includes allocating tasks, training, completing user acceptance testing and documenting finalized processes.
- Ensure the team adheres to quality standards, deadlines, proper procedures and the timely correction of errors.
- Act as payroll liaison to the accounting department in providing timely and accurate payroll information as needed for account reconciliation and financial reporting.
- Maintain current company pay practices compliant with state and federal laws.
- Oversee all aspects of payroll tax administration.
- Prepare monthly payroll reports as requested by management.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of relevant work history
- Payroll leadership experience
- Experience processing payroll
- Experience with reporting (including report writing and analysis) from an existing payroll system
- Knowledge of current wage and hour laws
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Ability to manage many tasks at once and work well under strict deadlines
- Experience with an automated payroll software. Paycom and ADP experience is desired, but not required.
- Knowledge of payroll accounting concepts/account reconciliation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Certified Payroll Professional designation a plus