Accounting Technician II
Accounting Technician II (part-time)
Status: Part-time, ongoing position (PTS), non-exempt, non-benefited
Salary: Starts at $24.26 to $27.99 per hour
Location: Eden Prairie Community Center
Hours: Position hours are flexible, prefer Monday-Friday, daytime hours, but some evening hours are available if candidate requests. Building Hours are 5:30a.m.-10:00p.m., Monday-Sunday; up to 25 hours per week.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Community Center Manager
Community Center Division
The Community Center Division of the Parks and Recreation Department has the responsibility for managing the Eden Prairie Community Center, Oak Point Pool, City beaches and the rental of park facilities. Team members provide a variety of affordable recreation programs and services for all ages and abilities.
The Accounting Technician II position supports the Community Center by maintaining the City’s financial operations, ensuring financial transactions are accurate, timely and are reconciling at month end. The primary position responsibilities and areas of impact are:
- Performs Community Center month-end reconciliations including, but not limited to, Accounts Receivable, Refunds, Health Insurance Reimbursement and Deferred Revenue to ensure finances are balanced appropriately.
- Analyzes backend financial transactions in order to resolve posting discrepancies; utilizes a variety of software systems including RecTrac software (activity and facility sales, membership billing), Plug N Pay (credit card gateway), Merchant Connect (credit card processing) and Hubble (financial management system) to resolve complex issues and payment discrepancies.
- Serves as the liaison between the Community Center and Finance divisions for the purpose of ensuring proper finance and accounting procedures.
- Collaborates with Recreation and Community Center division staff members to ensure our department’s collections process is accurate with Activities, Point of Sale, Facility Rentals and Memberships.
- Provides work direction to the Accounting Technician and the Membership Services Representative where appropriate, spearheading cross-training initiatives and ensuring work processes are efficient and effective.
While these areas are the primary focus of the position, we believe strongly in teamwork and employees may be called upon to perform a variety of duties in their roles with the City.
Education: Four-year degree in accounting, finance or related field is preferred. Associates or two-year degree in related field required.
Work Experience: Minimum of three years finance/accounting experience required.
Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook); experience using accounting/finance software and software for registration, facility scheduling, membership management and point of sales preferred.
All employees are expected to contribute to the success of our organization by demonstrating the shared expectations: Customer Focus, Flexibility, Initiative, Results Orientation, Public Stewardship, and Teamwork.
Position Specific Expectations
Communication: Able to convey a message to get a point across; communicates in a clear and concise manner; able to write clearly and succinctly; tailors message to a variety of communication settings and styles.
Attention to Detail: Able to find errors in work and solve problems; anticipates issues and performs at a high level of accuracy; sets up systems to ensure errors are not repeated.
Accountability: Follows through on commitments; focuses on appropriate tasks throughout the shift; takes responsibilities for actions both as an individual and on behalf of the organization; actions and words are in sync; follows all policies and procedures; maintains confidentiality; is prepared and punctual to all scheduled shifts.
Organization: Ability to coordinate several activities, responsibilities, and tasks simultaneously in a polite and professional manner; prioritizes what needs to get done; keeps things neat and orderly; utilizes tools for efficiency; factors several considerations when planning; establishes methods to ensure routine tasks are completed.
City of Eden Prairie Pre-employment Process
The City of Eden Prairie conducts the following pre-employment checks for the Accounting Technician II position:
- Professional Reference Checks/Work History Verification
- Criminal History Check
All final candidates must successfully complete and pass the pre-employment process before their first day of employment.
City of Eden Prairie Application Timeline
Application Deadline: February 27, 2017 (8:00 AM)
Review Applications: As received, final application review week of February 27
First Round Interviews: March 9 and 10, 2017
Final Interviews: Friday, March 17
Expected Start Date: Early April, 2017 (negotiable)