7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Career Solutions is currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager for a contract manufacturing company. This is a direct hire opportunity that offers great benefits. The Engineering Manager will be leading and supervising a team of engineers as they develop, test, modify, and create solutions to technical problems.
- Oversee the research and development of new products and procedures.
- Identify new material implications (FMEA) and ensure the labor requirements align with our current manufacturing capabilities (DFM).
- Oversee product engineering projects; assist with overcoming project roadblocks, assess product engineering resource capacity against current demand. Discuss and lay out project specifications.
- Make detailed plans to accomplish goals.
- Review, approve, or modify product designs.
- Improve manufacturing processes and reduce cost through efficiencies by continuing to review new manufacturing technologies and equipment.
- Check technical accuracy of work.
- Ensure the engineering team and other manufacturing departments work together cohesively and are responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Establish project goals, milestones, and procedures and define roles and responsibilities for the department.
- Acquire project resources, coordinate projects and monitor project progress; may manage multiple projects.
- Establish administrative policies, procedures, and standards.
- Coordinate activities of engineering with other departments or organizations.
- Confer with higher levels of management.
- Supports Company's policies and procedures and conducts departmental and Company activities in accordance with these policies.
- Directly supervises employees
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training and mentoring employees and support staff
- Planning, assigning, and directing work
- Appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering field or equivalent, Master's preferred
- Minimum 10+ years' experience and/or training
- Minimum 5 years of management experience
- Strong problem solving capabilities, project management, along with outstanding communication and people management skills
- CAD proficiency required
- (All applicants must be US Citizen or US persons due to ITAR regulation)
To submit yourself as a candidate for the Engineering Manager position, please apply online at www.doherty.jobs or contact a recruiter at 952-562-1030
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app