The City of Minneapolis is seeking an experienced Network Analyst to perform network administration duties, serve as a primary technical driver for Water SCADA and Security networks and components such as servers, workstations, disaster recovery, and redundancies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer Water network infrastructures by performing switch and router installation, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of industrial control system and security networks.
- Manage various network communication platforms, firewalls, interfaces. and remote access.
- Analyze, plan, implement, and manage structured data network infrastructures including upgrades to existing networks and design of new networks, ensuring capacity planning, utilization consideration, redundancy, contingency planning and security.
- Research, evaluate and recommend new technology offerings and services, and determine business needs driving the design and management of the network infrastructure.
- Lead technology projects by compiling estimates, proposals, and bids for purchasing and consultation services. Manage project coordination including milestones, task detail and documented assumptions to ensure business technology needs and deadlines are met.
- Govern and enforce connectivity standards, procedures, documentation, and specifications for network security.
- Administer endpoint protection systems on networked devices.
- Recommend and schedule server administration events including operating system and hardware patches and upgrades. Diagnose and monitor performance issues.
- Design, implement, and support virtual environments.
- Manage and monitor disaster recovery systems and online database and file backups.
- Configure, install and maintain desktop, mobile, and printing hardware as needed for SCADA and Security systems.
- Coordinate City IT asset inventories and support for the Division.
- Perform domain administration duties, including Active Directory and DHCP/IP management.
- Create specifications and order approved network and server equipment, ensuring an adequate backup for emergencies.
- Act as an on call resource for all systems and infrastructure outages, and guide network and system outages to resolution
- Facilitate inventory management and enterprise-wide documentation of network infrastructure.
- Advise other team members on compatibility and performance issues across systems, services and hardware.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Networks or a closely related field.
Experience: Four years of experience which includes Designing secure network architectures, network security practices and procedures, and configuring hardware such as routers, switches, and firewalls, and experience with patchware, and with server and workstation hardware.
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education and experience closely related to the duties of the position may be considered.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website at www.minneapolismn.gov/jobs; reference job posting 2017-00046. Applications accepted through February 26, 2017.