Lead Benefits Consultant
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The Lead Benefits Consultant is responsible for managing the benefits compliance plan to ensure Target is in compliance with all regulatory guidelines. Areas of responsibility include: eligibility (strategy and oversight of eligibility rules for all benefit offerings), summary plan descriptions (benefit offerings legal descriptions), and appeals (responding to team members appeals regarding their eligibility for benefit offerings). The Lead Benefits Consultant will partner most closely with benefits, legal (internal & external) and finance. This position will also take on special projects within the Pay and Benefits team relating to compliance or continuous improvement. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pay & Benefits liaison for all Benefits related legislation. Investigates and understands the potential implications of proposed health and welfare legislation to Target and its team members. Develops business cases and project plans as appropriate.
- Develops and oversees Benefits compliance program including acting as the health and welfare compliance resource for Benefits leaders and business partners
- Plays a leadership role in managing complex, cross company projects by effectively developing timing and action plans, communicating needs to internal and external teams, and motivating teams to provide the support needed in a timely manner.
- Organizes and manages projects internally that interact with external partners regarding Target's health strategy.
- Manages Data Governance audit process for Benefits team.
- Ensures business opportunities and risks within benefits programs are identified, prioritized and tracked. Formally communicates top priorities to key leadership on an ongoing basis.
- Creates innovative strategies to proactively support legislation, compliance, health care reform, etc.
- Serves as a liaison between Benefits, Legal, Benefits Finance, ER, Corporate Risk & Compliance and other internal partners with respect to compliance and legislative matters.
- Impact and influence of broader team regarding accountability and oversight of individual and team initiatives responsible for SPDs, appeals and eligibility.
- Bachelors Degree B.A./B.S. with strong academic performance.
- Minimum 5-8 years business experience, preferably in benefits administration/compliance
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to resolve complex administrative and accounting issues
- Working knowledge of regulatory issues impacting benefit plans
- Must possess the highest level of service orientation to ensure client and regulatory needs are met
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to interact effectively with internal partners and external organizations
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to manage by influence across the organization and take initiative to drive projects/process forward if met with resistance.
- MBA/JD degree
- Large scale, cross functional project management experience
- Experience working with highly regulated compliance programs (for example: Regulatory Affairs/Government Affairs/Lobbyist groups/legislative groups, etc.)