Inginaire is looking for a Production Supervisor II for our client in Owatonna, MN. 2nd shift, 5pm - 12am. This position will train on 1st shift and transition to 2nd shift over time. This is a Direct Hire position. This person will be supervising and coordinating activities of workers engaged in operating a variety of machines to manufacture parts or products.
- Monitors production activities to eliminate delays and ensure adherence to production and shipping schedules.
- Assists in carrying out production objectives at the lowest cost, consistent with the organization's quality requirements.
- Assures safety and product quality while improving production procedures.
- Coordinates work flow with the various departments involved.
- Reports damaged and defective equipment to management.
- Trains other employees in day to day procedures.
- Maintains quality/quantity standards regarding output.
- Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Plans flow of materials through department according to work orders.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products that fail to meet standards.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Assists with capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least three years of supervisory experience, preferred.
- High School diploma and five or more years of manufacturing experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of Internet software; Oracle Manufacturing software; E-Time Payroll systems; Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word word-processing software.