Food Analytical Chemist
Doherty Career Solutions is conducting a confidential search for one of our top clients who are looking to add a Food Analytical Chemist to their team. As a leader in the industry, the right candidate will need to be motivated, driven, and passionate about what they do.
This is a great direct hire opportunity for a Food Analytical Chemist that is committed to successfully taking on projects from start to finish. Success in this position will be for someone that takes pride in work and is looking for a company that is proud of what they do for the environment as well as how they treat their team members.
Purpose of Position
The Food Analytical Chemist is responsible for providing the company with the analytical support required to produce safe, high quality food products that meet the expectations of their customers. This individual develops SOP's, programs, specifications, and protocols necessary for analytical laboratory operation.
Lead implementation of analytical capabilities to support current product production and future growth in product production.
- BS in chemistry or related field
- Prior experience in Analytical Chemistry required with 5 years of experienced preferred.
- Experience in food industry and process startup is highly desired.
- Excellent technical skills, including chemistry and microbiology knowledge.
- Ability to lead and integrate safety into laboratory activities.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong teamwork skills, with the ability to lead, participate and/or work directly with cross functional teams and/or individuals.
- Expertise implementing and writing validations studies.
· Recommending the most proficient equipment to optimize ingredient analysis
· Providing analytical chemistry expertise on day to day plant operations and customer inquiries
· Managing cost to minimize analytical cost of overall product production
· Manage consumables and material required in the analytical lab to meet budget and ensure no downtime
· Lead routine analytical testing at the facility, including training and qualification of lab technicians
· Work with cross-functional team such as R&D, Quality, Production, Maintenance, and Senior leadership
· Coordinate programs for water discharge, including analysis and reporting.
· Maintain suitable waste chemical disposal contractor for chemicals used in production
· Coordination contract laboratory support, including routine microbiological testing and specialized analytical testing
· Troubleshooting challenges face at the processing facility, including process control analysis
· Write SOP's, programs, specifications, and protocols necessary for laboratory operations
· Coordinate preventative maintenance of all laboratory instruments
· Ability to plan and manage projects to deliver high quality results on time
· Enforce and manage current Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Laboratory Practices in the laboratory environment
· Manage raw material and component testing, analytical methods transfer, in-process testing, finished product testing, and stability testing
To submit yourself as a candidate for the Analytical Chemist, please apply online at www.doherty.jobs or contact Kelly Sheppard at email@example.com or by phone at 952-832-8390.
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app
Doherty Staffing Solutions is a Drug Free and Equal Opportunity Employer