Laboratory Research Assistant
Technical conduct of preclinical in vitro and in vivo studies as well as data entry and analysis. Animal handling experience required and experience with in vitro analysis of samples using ELISA, multiplex assays, flow cytometric staining and other laboratory methods preferred. Assist in development and validation of new in vivo and in vitro methods and models.
Essential Job Functions
1. Daily tasks will include but not be limited to understanding study protocols, execution of study protocols, data entry and quality control of data and reports.
2. In vitro assays include cell culture techniques, flow cytometry staining, biomarker assays by ELISA and multiplex technology.
3. Sample processing to include but not limited to blood, serum/plasma, whole organ homogenization, fecal material and urine.
4. Animal work including in vivo surgical and research techniques, animal harvests and tissue preparation for various analyses (as previously listed), animal husbandry, IACUC protocol/SOP generation.
5. Maintain laboratory instruments including calibration and cleaning. Ordering reagents, supplies and equipment.
6. Work according to SOPs and laboratory policy in place (GLP). Understanding of good documentation and laboratory procedures. Work with QA/QC to maintain all systems/documents within the lab.
7. Clear scientific communication. Research assistance are expected to understand the methods and models. Keep up to date on research in the field, give journal club/lunch and learn presentations.
Essential Job Requirements
Education: Bachelors degree (or equivalent work experience)
Experience: 1-2 years experience in a lab setting
Required Skills: Animal research skills and techniques, firm in vitro capabilities and cell culture techniques.
This is a part-time, permanent position. Salary will be commensurate with experience.