Tenure Track - Open Rank, Higher Education
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The University of St. Thomas seeks candidates for a tenure-track position (open rank) in the Department of Educational Leadership with an employment date of September 1, 2017.
We encourage applicants committed to excellence in teaching and scholarship, social justice, and the preparation of ethical leaders in higher education to apply. The position supports master’s, education specialist, and doctoral degree programs. The department offers a master’s degree in student affairs leadership in higher education, and also a concentration in critical pedagogy. The position requires candidates to teach doctoral courses and advise dissertations in our education doctorate (EdD) in Educational Leadership and Learning.
- Maintain a research agenda in Higher Education.
- Teach courses in educational leadership and research in the master’s, educational specialist, and doctoral degree programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the critical challenges facing higher education, and the strategies needed to work effectively and ethically with stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of distance learning; actively engage students in on campus and synchronous learning environments.
- Provide an active service role within the department, college, university and community.
- Earned doctorate in Higher Education or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Experience working in higher education
- Knowledge of research, including qualitative and quantitative methods
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Evidence of a developed and focused program of research and scholarly activity
- Experience teaching graduate students in higher education
- Evidence of a collegial work style
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good.
The University of St. Thomas is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and the goals of affirmative action/equal opportunity. The University welcomes nominations and applications from a diverse applicant pool.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Special Instructions to Candidates:
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All application materials must be submitted online at http://www.stthomas.edu/jobs/. Emailed materials will not be accepted.
Candidates will first be asked to create an applicant profile and upload the required documents (listed below) and then submit an online application and voluntary EEO form.
Please submit the following documents to complete your application:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- A statement of educational philosophy (uploaded into the "Teaching Philosophy field of the profile)
- Copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcripts required before employment)
- Two letters of recommendation (uploaded into the "Additional Document 1" field of the profile)
- Copies/links to publications, grants, and other forms of scholarship (uploaded into the "Additional Document 2" field of the profile)
- A letter of interest, describing how you meet the desired qualifications. This letter should be copy/pasted into the "cover letter" section of the application.
At this time, please do not upload any documents beyond those requested.