Tenure Track - Open Rank, PK-12 Education
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The University of St. Thomas seeks candidates for a tenure-track position (open rank) in the Department of Educational Leadership with an employment date of September 1, 2017.
We encourage applicants committed to excellence in teaching, social justice and the preparation of ethical educational leaders in PK-12 Education to apply. The position supports master’s, education specialist, and doctoral degree programs. The department offers several administrative licensure programs. The position requires candidates to teach in all department programs, including the new online EdD in Educational Leadership and Learning
- Maintain a research agenda in PK-12 Education focused on improvement and reform in education
- Teach courses in educational leadership and research in the master’s, educational specialist, and doctoral degree programs; advise doctoral dissertations
- Demonstrate knowledge of the critical challenges facing education, and the strategies needed to work effectively and ethically with stakeholders
- Contribute to the development and delivery of distance learning; actively engage students in synchronous learning environments
- Provide an active service role within the department, college, university and community
Salary commensurate with rank and experience.Qualifications:
- Earned doctorate in educational leadership or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Experience as a teacher leader or coach, principal, director, central office leader, and/or administrator/superintendent in PK-12 Education
- Knowledge of research, including qualitative and quantitative methods
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Evidence of a developed and focused program of research and scholarly activity
- Experience teaching graduate students in educational leadership
- Possess a Minnesota administrative license
- Evidence of a collegial work style
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good.
The University of St. Thomas is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and the goals of affirmative action/equal opportunity. The University welcomes nominations and applications from a diverse applicant pool.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer