Financial Analyst - Contract - 3 to 6 months, Plymouth, MN
We are looking for a Contract Financial Analyst for a 3-6 month project with possible extension or hire if desired.
This role will start asap and be responsible for:
Support the growth of the US Meetings and Events business and the strategic and financial decision-making processes by providing management with high quality and timely operational and financial analysis, reporting and support
• Acts as a liaison with other departments, divisions and organizations
• Acts as the lead contributor on special projects
• Works independently and takes initiative
• Is a business partner who understands the business and is aware of key business decisions in the areas of responsibility
Budgeting and Forecasting:
• Acquires data and underlying financial and operational assumptions to develop long range plan, annual operating budget and forecasts.
• Assists in creation of budget and forecast packages for presentation and review with management.
• Assists in the implementation of strategies that are aligned with strategic objectives of the business
Analysis and Reporting:
• Analyze operational and financial results to gain detailed understanding of current business conditions
• Provides analysis for specific requests of business results
• Responsible for monthly management and project reporting as assigned.
• Develops financial modeling tools and process for performance assessment.
• Assists business partners with pricing requests
• Acquire data to develop pricing assumptions
• Develops pricing modeling tools and process for assessment of pricing assumptions
• Bachelor’s Degree, Finance or Accounting
• CPA or CMA preferred
• MBA preferred
• 4 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Systems: Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Reporting and Planning, Oracle 11i
• Attributes: Decision-Making, Process Thinking, Consulting Skills, Planning, Financial Analysis, Business Communications, Accounting principles, Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint