General Manager- St. Cloud, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with our client to hire a General Manager. The General Manager will be responsible for sales and operational leadership for the company.
*Direct Hire opportunity
• Oversees the execution of the Company’s strategy and vision, including the marketing strategy and marketing plan.
• Monitors annual and quarterly business goals for the company and each member of the management team, motivating the team to achieve successful outcomes.
• Promotes a workplace and culture that attracts and retains high performing employees while maintaining a positive and productive environment.
• Develops job responsibilities and hires candidates with the appropriate skillset and experience to help the Company grow. Overseas hiring, training, evaluating, and disciplinary counseling of all on-site employees.
• Leads weekly management meetings, biweekly sales meetings, monthly employee meetings and quarterly Advisory Board meetings.
• Works with the Controller, the Operations Manager, and Director of Business Development and other members of management to develop business metrics and key performance indicators, and ensures information is shared with shareholders, the Advisory Board, and employees on a regular basis.
• Provides leadership and guidance to the management team while holding them accountable for results.
• Oversees sales performance, ensuring profitable revenue grow by communicating sales goals and sales metrics and reports, offering appropriate sales training and support, and motivating the sales team.
• Interact with large account representatives and assist in identifying and building significant potential customer relationships.
• Develop business opportunities involving new markets, applications, and channels to enhance profitable revenue growth.
• Monitors operational efficiency by establishing and monitoring production and shipping metrics.
• Identifies new ways to improve operational efficiency and capacity to support revenue growth.
• Communicates and negotiates with major vendors to ensure quality, reliability, and manage or reduce cost.
• Works with Controller to approve payment of all invoices on a timely basis.
• Bachelor’s degree in business; MBA preferred. Sales management training a plus.
• 5+ years as General Manager or President of a smaller company ($5M-100M in revenue preferred)
• Background in B2B sales management a plus.
• Strong leadership experience
• Short and long range strategic planning and budgeting