Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Accounts Receivable Specialist- Eden Prairie, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with our client to hire an Accounts Receivable Specialist. The A/R Specialist will post cash receipts, allocate payments, and assist with credit/collections. This is a temporary role, with a chance to go permanent for the right candidate.
- Review and follow up frequently on the status of collections to ensure customer account balances are current.
- Partner with customer service department to approve or decline orders based on customer account standing. Review daily orders and shipments.
- Post and allocate daily cash receipts.
- Process retail vendor transactions and manage amounts owed to company proactively and persistently.
- Process debits and credits on customer accounts weekly and maintain organized records on network.
- Assist in month-end close. Prepare monthly statements and reports.
- Maintain accounts receivable records, order credit reports, process credit applications, and respond to credit reference requests.
- Gather and analyze information on proposed and existing customers to determine credit worthiness.
- Advise management timely of any significant changes in customer’s financial situation and make recommendations for a course of action.
- Review invoices and send as necessary with statements and other correspondence as applicable to customer.
- Develop and maintain tracking mechanisms to monitor customer collections, balances, and other activity.
- Process credit card transactions.
- Carry out an established program for the timely follow-up and collection of accounts receivable.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of the A/R Trial Balance.
- Interact with customer service, sales and accounting, as needed in order to reconcile customer balances.
- 3+ years in Accounts Receivable, or credit/collections experience
- 2 year degree preferred
- Strong 10-Key, and experience in accounting software a plus
Apply for Accounts Receivable Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly