7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Career Solutions is partnering with the leader in the designing and manufacturing of quality refrigeration products that is looking to add a Controls Engineer to their team. This positions will be located in beautiful Hudson WI along the St. Croix River Valley, just minutes from the Twin Cities. Our partner company has earned one of the most respected names in the refrigeration industry.
Main Purpose of the Controls Engineer Role
Under general direction, the Controls Engineer designs refrigeration control systems, configures and programs control system software, designs and builds product testing and data acquisition systems, acts as an internal control system trainer and consultant, and prepares user manuals, parts lists and other documentation.
Plans, organizes, directs and controls the overall walk-in design project activities for Nor-Lake and Master Bilt brands. Coordinates the creation, development, design and improvement of these products in conformance with established programs and objectives. Prepares, performs and creates walk-in concepts, calculations and designs for existing, new products and one of a kind special customer orders for walk-in product lines. Addresses technical questions, calculation requirements and problems regarding walk-ins. Meets cost, appearance and reliability standards as set by Sales and Marketing specifications while meeting or exceeding industry standards. Responsible for the implementation of effective material, design and process cost reductions. Develops design improvements and determines material alternatives that reduce waste and promote cost reduction.
As Compliance Engineer, will be responsible for assuring continued compliance with all regulatory agency specifications, standards, technical writing including product literature, installation and maintenance manuals, testing, technical manuals and procedures for both Hudson and New Albany locations.
Examples of Duties
· Receives requests for new electromechanical control system designs through the Engineering Change Notice process. Evaluates proposed design parameters to determine whether they meet customer needs and the company's manufacturing capabilities. Reviews and approves special or custom control specifications drafted by sales specialists.
· Uses drafting software to prepare drawings and wiring diagrams, develop bills of materials, and produce shop prints for prototype development. Provides technical information and support to manufacturing engineers and production workers during the product prototyping process. Prepares documentation related to control system assembly and operation, including user manuals, service manuals and internal reference manuals.
· Ensures that designs are consistent with agency requirements including Underwriter's Laboratories, American National Standards Institute, Canadian Standards Association, Intertek Testing Services and Conformance European.
· Assesses suitability of vendor-supplied parts, subassemblies, lab testing supplies and equipment by consulting with purchasing staff and manufacturer's representatives. Measures, documents and evaluates the performance of product components. Maintains control system parts database.
· Configures monitoring and remote maintenance software for refrigeration systems. Prepares pre-configured software so that manufacturing personnel can reproduce on appropriate media as needed to enclose with product. Develops human-machine interface software for use in touchpad and display systems and loads software into systems or trains others to do so.
· Designs and builds environmental simulation systems for use in testing (e.g. door opener/closers, humidity and temperature control systems). Designs and builds control system simulators for use in training service and sales personnel. Trains service technicians and sales representatives on the operation and use of control systems.
· Sets up, programs and calibrates data acquisition hardware and software (e.g. Visual Basic, Excel Macros and control system code) to capture and record lab testing data for analysis. Trains lab technicians in the setup and use of engineering lab data acquisition and recording systems. Maintains historical records of lab test results.
· Assists service and applications in troubleshooting and resolving control system installation problems.
· Identifies cost reduction and product improvement opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
· Considerable knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems engineering.
· Considerable knowledge of foodservice and scientific refrigeration systems.
· Considerable knowledge of computer-aided design systems used in the work.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Considerable skill with Microsoft Excel.
· Skill in written communication, especially technical writing.
· Skill in verbal discussion and advocacy regarding complex technical and regulatory subject matter.
· Skill in planning and organizing work including projects of significant complexity.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
· Ability to evaluate data and troubleshoot solutions
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Systems Engineering or related field including a minimum 6 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· 5 years of experience working as a Control Engineer in the controls/electrical industry or related field
To submit yourself for the Foodservice Sales/Quote Specialist opportunity, please first apply online at www.doherty.jobs then call our Doherty Career Solutions office at 952-832-8390. You may also submit a resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org #EngineeringCareers
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app