- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Staffing Solutions in partnership with a manufacturing company in Minneapolis, MN is currently interviewing for Automation Technicians to work on 1st shift. This position offers great benefits and pay is $18.00 - $24.00 hourly, depending on qualifications.
As an Automation Technician, you will be a part of a growing team responsible for designing and building state of the art packaging automation equipment. With over 15,000 machines installed in 27 countries, this company's machines are a standard within the life sciences, ammunition, food and cosmetic markets.
AUTOMATION TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES
Automation Technician responsibilities include:
- Works under minimal direction to assemble, debug, and test various types of industrial automation equipment.
- Work from blue prints and schematics, assemble mechanical aspects of the machine and do the wiring of controls and controlled systems.
- The machines can be small up to HUGE.
- Build it, disassemble it and get it ready to ship.
AUTOMATION TECHNICIAN REQUIREMENTS
Automation Technician Requirements include:
- The successful candidate will possess excellent mechanical/electrical aptitude.
- The ability to use typical tools of the trade
- 2+ years experience building automated equipment involving assembly and debug of pneumatic components, pick and place devices and indexers.
- Experience and/or certified training in Automation Technology, Automated Machinery Systems, Robotics, Fluid Power plus one year relevant experience or 2+ years experience within the packaging industry
- Candidates must have strong math aptitude and good computer skills.
- Ability to read and interpret prints and machine drawings
- Must show great attention to detail and initiative, with strong ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables, especially while at a customer's facility.
- Must be customer focused and committed to excellence.
- Previous experience in machine building
- Ability to pass criminal background check and Drug Screen.
To apply for this position, please go to Apply Now. For additional information or for answers to any questions, please call or text our Twin Cities North Metro office in Brooklyn Park at 952-835-8883.
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app