Doherty Staffing Solutions in partnership with our client company in Minneapolis, MN is currently interviewing for Automation Technicians to work on 1st shift. Company offers great benefits and pay is $18.00 - $24.00 hourly – DOQ.
Works under minimal direction to assemble, debug, and test various types of industrial automation equipment. Work from blue prints and schematics, assemble mechanical aspects of the machine and do the wiring of controls and controlled systems. The machines can be small up to HUGE. Build it, disassemble it and get it ready to ship.
AUTOMATION TECHNICIAN REQUIREMENTS:
- The successful candidate will possess excellent mechanical/electrical aptitude.
- The ability to use typical tools of the trade.
- 2+ years experience building automated equipment involving assembly and debug of pneumatic components, pick and place devices and indexers.
- Experience and/or certified training in Automation Technology, Automated Machinery Systems, Robotics, Fluid Power plus one year relevant experience or 2+ years experience within the packaging industry.
- Candidates must have strong math aptitude and good computer skills.
- Ability to read and interpret prints and machine drawings.
- Must show great attention to detail and initiative, with strong ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables, especially while at a customer’s facility. Must be customer focused and committed to excellence.
- Previous experience in machine building.
- Ability to pass criminal background check and Drug Screen.
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app
Doherty Staffing Solutions offers immediate placements for temporary, temp-to-hire and direct hire positions in all industries – from light industrial to administrative, and everything in between. But, we go a step further to offer you the personal touch that’s missing from so many other employment firms. Locally owned and operated, with multiple locations throughout Minneapolis and St. Paul, Doherty Staffing Solutions works with nearly 1000 of the top companies in the region – from small businesses to national corporations. Our vast network allows us to build the strategic partnerships that, ultimately, you will benefit from. Doherty Staffing Solutions is in Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Employer.